Sunday, May 31, 2015 @ 1:22 PM  0 stares

So I combined day 6 and day 7 because it is test day and travel day so not much happened. Test day first thing in the morning we decided that we missed Asian food so we headed off to have some Japanese food. Christy got a beef dish with rice, whereas I got a large serving of sushi. The salmon was fresh, but the roll was just okay. The shrimp was good too, the beef dish however was a little bit overly sauce-y and salty.


Then for most of the day we chilled at ilcaffe for most of the day, we were mainly tired from travelling and decided to study for a bit before the exam at night. We had their cappuccino and latte, which were pretty good. Actually most of the cafes in Europe are pretty great in general. We watched the barista do latte art and I'm determined to do it during my work at Starbucks during when it's not busy!!


After the exam at night in our hotel lobby (which was super chill), we decided we were super hungry because we ditched dinner because too much caffeine, so we had a late dinner in the Italian restaurant called Tutto Bello. We had a shrimp risotto and a Italian pepperoni pizza, the shrimp risotto was just enough sour from the tomato sauce, and the shrimp was good, the rice was just right. I also liked the arugula on the top of it. The pizza was really interesting in that it was so thin that it was actually really flimsy. TIL: Italian people eat pizza with knife and fork. No thanks, I'm a savage. I tried eating it with my hands, but it was extremely floppy. I actually ceded in my last slice and just ate with silverware. The struggle was real. The tomato sauce was really good though and the pizza itself. But I'm about that super deep-dish, thick, square-cut Chicago pizza life.


Afterward we went to the bar and met up with Betty's Delta Sigma Pi brothers. It was pretty chill since it wasn't a weekend, probably a bit too chill which is the European way in a lot of bars (or maybe cause they keep going to bars with an older crowd). There I had an appletini that's not pictured (did I forget to take picture or accidentally delete, dunno). But there was all this cinnamon on it, not a fan, the appletini itself was good though, but I just hate cinnamon. Other people said it was good and like an apple pie though. Reason why I ordered it was cause it was called "apeltini ORGASM" I thought it'd come with a fun condom or something. (Lol yes, the important things in life LOL) Next the other girls got what I'm just gonna call a yellow European fishbowl (yes I know it's not blue so it defeats the purpose). It tasted a lot like orange juice was pretty good in my opinion and was served in a mason jar (yay cute! again the important things in life LOL~)


 We went to the famed muffin place that the other girls had been going to I got fresh squeezed orange juice and a cheesecake brownie... Omg so freaking good, but so freaking sweet so I could only eat half. The brownie muffin had fudge inside and was so chocolate-y and good, wish it had more cheese cake though. I also ate the muffin thing with pudding inside from the coffee shop yesterday for pre-breakfast snack.


 It was travel day so we left around 4 pm and had a pretty interesting run in at the airport. Something I learned, so the show of individualistic and collectivism culture really showed. In the airport, one of our fellow travelers had an overweight luggage and so we said to ask this other person if they would be so kind since their luggage was under 9kg (10 kg is the max for carry on, and 20 kg is max for check in luggage) to have it as carry on, the person that had the overweight luggage even offered to carry it for her if it was a bother.

As people who travel know, carry on is actually more safe than check in luggage, and in general I think it is important to help others in general if you can. If in the scenario that we had wanted the overweight luggage traveler would just move some luggage into the other luggage whereas in the situation that actually happened they had to move a lot of luggage into other people's carry-ons and it was difficult to spread their stuff out in everyone's luggage. Just shows the difference between western and eastern culture. Not saying which one is better... but that's for you guys to decide. (note: one of the people that offered to carry more luggage though was of western culture as well though, so it's not everyone I guess it's just the other person is young? Grew up in individualistic society? Who knows. Anyways a learning point that was pretty important to my thoughts).

When we landed in Oslo we had this super overpriced bacon hot dog. (Stuff in Norway hella expensive, even more expensive than Stockholm that I keep complaining about) I had it with fried onions and potato salad since that's how the local people suggested I eat it. I also had chili ketchup. Was pretty good, it felt like a heart attack though. My favorite type of feeling when it comes to food LOL. Finally we landed in Munich~ Yaaay! Leg 2 of 3!!! Lower prices here we come~

Labels: , ,